Mission of the Organization
The Sutton Volunteer Centre (CAB Sutton) is an independent community organization dedicated to improving the social fabric of the communities of Sutton and Abercorn by offering services and supporting volunteer action. Its areas of action are volunteer and community support, food security, and support for seniors and families.
Under the direction of the Director, the administrative assistant supports the management team in its various administrative, accounting, and client service tasks.
- Respond to email inquiries and forward messages to the relevant team members.
- Maintain the membership and donor registers.
- Assist the management team in collecting and compiling data for statistical purposes and reporting to donors.
- Maintain an efficient filing system - paper and electronic - of correspondence and documents, while ensuring confidentiality.
- Collaborate with the management team to produce monthly or periodic reports.
- Gather the supporting documents necessary for bookkeeping, have them approved by the relevant manager and/or bookkeeper, and ensure their classification and archiving.
- Act as a liaison between operations, vendors, billing, signing officers and the bookkeeper.
- Prepare, produce, and send tax receipts to donors, under the supervision of the treasurer or management.
- Attend team meetings.
- Update the CAB Sutton event and programming calendar on the website and Facebook page.
- Draft documents in French and English, such as: thank you letters, invitations, promotional texts, among others.
Qualifications & Skills
- College diploma in a relevant discipline or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Organization skills and ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Team player
- Initiative and diplomacy
- Computer skills: Office suit, financial management software, e-mail, website, and social media. Knowledge of QuickBooks is an asset.
- Knowledge of the community sector is an asset
- Language skills: French and English
- Type of employment: Permanent part-time job, 24 to 32 hours per week.
- Work schedule: Daytime schedule, but may occasionnaly be required to work evenings, weekends and overtime to attend or represent the organization at various events.
- Travel: Occasional travel in the Brome-Missisquoi area may be required.
- Salary established according to the new Policy on working conditions of the CAB Sutton.