CAB Sutton is a community organization dedicated to improving the social fabric of the communities of Sutton and Abercorn by offering services and supporting volunteerism. Its fields of action include support for volunteers and the community, food security and support for seniors and families.
Under the supervision of the Sutton Volunteer Centre’s Director, the Family Resource Person performs the following tasks:
- Reaching out to Francophone and Anglophone families.
- Ensuring a welcoming presence at the Sutton Volunteer Centre’s office during scheduled hours.
- Providing support & referrals to families in person, over the telephone, by e-mail, on Facebook and within the community
- Promoting and organizing various parenting skills workshops
- Setting up and animating intergenerational groups in collaboration with the Senior Outreach Worker
- Organizing and leading various group activities (Toy Library, Baby Drop-In, etc.)
- Providing Dépannage Bambin (baby equipment rental service)
- Preparing & updating our babysitting list
- Networking with various partners & organizations
- Collaborating on family activities and events
- Representing the Sutton Volunteer Centre & helping to promote its services
Administrative tasks and teamwork:
- Keeping records and updating statistical data and preparing reports
- Providing support for funding applications and fundraising campaigns
- Conduct communications related to its mandate Participating in team meetings and occasionally attend Board meetings
- College degree in social work or the equivalent in training or years of experience in the field
- Excellent communication skills in English & French
- Enjoys working with families and children
- Ability to support & help families in partnership with various community groups
- Professional autonomy
- Ability to work as a team
- Highly organized
- Proficiency in Office tools and Internet knowledge (Facebook, Mailchimp, Google tools)
- Knowledge of the community of Brome-Missisquoi
- Ability to connect easily and to build successful partnerships
Terms & Conditions
Part-time, 18 hours per week. Contract starting September 25 and renewable annually.
Work schedule: Variable day schedule. The person may be occasionnally required to work in the evening and on weekends
Travel: The position requires a few trips within Brome-Missisquoi each month.
Compensation: $ 18 / hour
Please send your resume and cover letter no later than Tuesday, September 5, 2017, by e-mail (email@example.com).
We will acknowledge receipt of applications. However, only successful candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on September 7 and 8, 2017.